OUR NATIVE VILLAGE SOUL SPA & ECO RESORT- Bangalore, India
Nowadays, so many hotels tend to utilize the word "green" as frequently as any other commonly-found descriptive in a brochure. We found a spot that completely puts their money where their mouth is, proudly featuring an absolutely 100% eco friendly resort. How do they do this, you may say? We're glad you asked, we found this so interesting that we wanted to share it with you:
1. Electricity- It's almost all self-generated by wind and solar panels, stored in batteries that are connected to the resort. 2 bio-gas plants on property use a blend of cakes and food waste to produce a fuel that can be used in the kitchen. Genius.
2. Water- rainwater, harvested from the roofs, is the only H2O you'll find around here. Pure and natural.
3. Construction- All structures were created with materials found on site- a little soil, some sun-baked handmade bricks and voila...
4. Zero Waste Policy- all waste generated is processed, recycled and reused. Composted paper is used for bonfires, food waste gets used in the bio gas plant, kitchen water is even used for gardening. Fantastic.
5. Organic food- Most of the vegetables are grown organically, and locally. Fresh.
6. Innovations- Their swimming pool is entirely chemical free, hot water is heated via solar panels, herbal & medicinal plants are grown onsite and used in the kitchen and spa...tremendous.
have for you and finally releasing yourself from them.
As if these weren't cool enough selling points, check out the hotel's Soul Spa, delivering restorative Ayurvedic treatments, musical massages, breathing treatments and more designed to reconnect your body to your soul.